Fuel Installation – Strategic Communication Site
“Fill ‘er up mate”
Ryan Wilks has recently completed a major diesel fuel installation at a strategic communication site in the ACT.
The works involved the replacement of diesel fuel system for the site existing generator. The works involved the complete removal of the existing fuel system and the installation of a new system comprising:
- Remote fill point at the site entrance
- Installation of new double skin stainless steel fuel pipework
- New four hour rated double skin 10,000 litre fuel tank
- New day and overflow tanks
- New fuel filters and pumps
- Installation of new fuel control system
- Associated builders works including construction of fuel bunds and installation of new fire rated doors and openings
- Installation of temporary generator on site whilst the works were completed.
The latest crimped stainless steel pipe technology was used with the new pipe installation. To maximise the floor space, and accessibility of the pumps and fuel filters this equipment was installed on the wall and not the floor of the new tank room.
The works conducted simultaneously on site with other major electrical and lighting upgrade works and required full time hands on supervision and co-ordination with the other trades but more importantly our client and their tenants.
As the major communication centre relaying television, radio and telecommunications for Canberra and the southern regions all outages and shutdowns had to be well co-ordinated and agreed with all parties well advanced of any proposed major works being undertaken.
Thanks to all involved on another successful project