Ipswich Hospital – Electrical Distribution Upgrade Stage 1
Ryan Wilks were engaged by Queensland Health to undertake stage 1 of a significant electrical distribution network upgrade. The works included the following:
- Construction of a new compound to accommodate two new 500Kva containerised diesel generators which included, concrete slab, security fencing, underground pit and conduit reticulation and cable bridge access to the hospital ward block.
- The supply, installation, and commissioning of new 2500amp Main Switchboard and Main Generator Distribution Switchboard.
- The relocation, reinstallation and recommissioning of existing generation equipment to function with the new switchboards, parallel connection and synchronisation with the Energex supply.
- Complete replacement, upgrading and recommissioning of site wide generator control systems.
- The installation of new satellite ATS equipment to critical infrastructure and associated cabling systems.
- Cutover of all equipment to the existing electrical infrastructure with minimal impact on the live operations within the Hospital.
- Commissioning of a BMS/Web based remote control of the system.