West Wallsend High School – Electrical Upgrade
The Department Of Education & Training (DET) had released another Electrical Upgrade Project in the Hunter Region. Due to project time constraints and the schools busy time table works were scheduled with the school during weekends and school holiday periods. In this time frame a number of non-compliant circuits were identified and subsequently rectified.
- Design Supply and installation of new 600KVA Kiosk Substation & associated Easement and ASP Level 1, 2, & 3 works.
- Installation of 630 Amp Consumer Mains from a new kiosk to new main switchboard.
- Supply and installation of a new external IP56D form 4bih Main switchboard
- New Submains reticulated from the new Main Switchboard to the existing Main Distribution Boards in three buildings.
- Replacement / upgrade of six Distribution Boards.
- Installation and testing of new RCD units to all light and general power circuits.
- Incorporation of the existing centralised control of the off peak heating system via time clock and contactors.
- Tree removal and relocation of underground services (including main fibre network) that encroached on the substation easement.