Sydney City North/West CBD Data Centre – Rectifier ATS Replacements
During the recent – Kent St TE Major Electrical Upgrade – various ATS’s throughout the building were found to be functioning incorrectly. The client was notified of the issues and Ryan Wilks was engaged to investigate the cause and estimate a cost to restore full functionality.
After a detailed site investigation, it was determined the majority of the faulty switchboards were unserviceable due to age. As a result, Ryan Wilks were then succesful with their tender submission and awarded a separate construction package to replace all Rectifier DB / ATS Switch Boards and migrate these to the existing equipment distribution boards.
The existing Rectifier DB’s incorporated onboard ATS’s to service distribution sections. Our works included replaced of these switchboards with dual Rectifier Distribution Boards servicing various ATS panels depending on the scale of equipment on certain levels.
All new the switch boards were installed adjacent to, or on the same level as the existing Rectifier DB’s and prepared for individual cutovers. The existing Rectifier DB Sub Mains were utilized where possible to service the new Rectifier DB’s and all the new fire rated cabling was pre-run for all the new Rectifier ATS’s and final Sub-Mains tothe existing Equipment DB’s.
The main challenge with this project was to ensure there was no interruption to the Rectifier Equipment. All the cutover works were conducted out-of-hours on a level-by-level basis to minimize the impact of any potential down time to telecommunication equipment. Our experienced team ensured there was no compromise of safety to staff or the opertaion of stategic communication equipment by conducting rigorous onsite investigations, planning and creating comprehensive contingency strategies. The success of this project again proves Ryan Wilks has the experience to deliver complicated high level electrical reticulation projects within the telecommunication sector.
– Installation of 6 x 800-1000Amp Rectifier Distribution Boards
– Installation of 11 x 300-400Amp ATS Panels
– Installation of new cable support systems and Fire Rated Submains
– AMS / BMS installation to all new electrical equipment.
– Fire rating of all new and existing electrical riser / equipment room penetrations
– Fault finding and rectification of transposed Neutral conductors.
– Demolition and removal of existing Rectifier Distribution Boards through 8 levels.
– Material handling and storage with limited space and disruption to the building operations.
– Staged cutover and commissioning of new Rectifier DB’s servicing On Line Telecommunication Equipment.