Vodafone Mt Waverley Data Centre – Electrical / Mechanical Upgrade
Located in Melbourne this exchange underwent an electrical upgrade within this critical Vodafone network site to enable electrical redundancy (duel supplies) and long term reliability. This was achieved by upgrading the existing External Site Main Switchboard and Internal Main Switch Board 1, complete with a new duplicate Main Switchboard 2. This new electrical distribution system was integrated into the sites existing diesel standby emergency generators.
The contract encompassed all aspects of the work including associated trades and builders works required to complete the project. Ryan Wilks displayed their depth of experience in completing such an electrical upgrade package within a critical “live” network site while maintaining the sites reliability and availability throughout the works.
Extensive planning and staging of the works during shut down windows together with astute communication across all stakeholders ensured the project was delivered without incident and interruptions to these critical services.
The Ryan Wilks team was praised for their project and on-site management expertise in delivering this project to programme with high a quality installation.
Electrical Scope of works.
- Liaise with the local (VIC) Supply Authority for the Site MSB replacement / shutdown works.
- Project cable tray containment design and installation.
- Design and supply of 3 x Main Switch Boards (3200Amp) c/w associated Ethernet data interface to the BMS system for power monitoring.
- Design and supply of UPS Input / Output Distribution Boards.
- Installation of Submain cable reticulation dual supplies (80 sub mains).
- Temporary emergency mobile generator power during the changeover.
- Verification of the site in ground services.
- New secondary mains underground trenching via non intrusive methodology through a populated main drive way into the exchange for the second set of incoming underground mains from Site MSB to MSB2.
- Staged transfer of existing sub mains, including link panels and extension from the old main switchboards from existing Main Switch Board to New during 3 major site shutdown cutovers.
- Staged Installation and planned cutovers of 2 New 90KVA UPS Systems.
- New Earthing installation.
- Installation of 11 new Automatic Transfer Switches installed locally at the site equipment for dual supply redundancy.
- Upgrade of existing generator supply ACB from 800A to 1600A.
- Complete electrical survey and discrimination study and the re-labelling of all electrical supplies / equipment.
- Staged transfer and planned outages for the sites 3 Main Switch Boards and sub Main cutovers.
- Staged transfer and planned outages for the transfer of the existing essential and office services UPS loads from the existing MSB1 to a new stand alone UPS DB.
- Detection and alarm to suit the new Main Switch Board Room 2.
- New FIP plan and site evacuation plan.
- Updated certifications.
- Provide extension of the existing system to include all new and altered plant and switchboards, in accordance with Vodafone standard points lists.
- Provide high level data interface to new power meters in switchboards. The meters will have a MODBUS output card.
- Supply and install New Switch Room dual split systems.
- Installation of free issued CRAC unit within the Data Room raised floor. Installation of the piping for the CRAC unit and the lifting of the external outdoor units on the roof.
- Demolition and installation of new 2 hour rated fire door for New Main Switch Board Room 2.
- Ensuring with the collaboration of this trade that conduits, junction boxes and hanger rods installed within the formwork are not disturbed or damaged during the pouring of concrete.
- Repair to an existing underground storm water service.