FKA Barooga Pharmaceutical Facility – D & C Electrical Installation
Ryan Wilks believe that the safe operation and the integrity of the design within an electrical installation are paramount. This philosophy together with the successful completion of the electrical design and installation works at Fresenius Kabi’s pharmaceutical facility in Brisbane assisted in being awarded the D&C contract for Sydney’s newest facility.
Fresenius Kabi Australia Pty Limited (FKA) is one of Australia’s fastest growing and innovative pharmaceutical companies, who are dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients in Australian hospitals by creating a new level of expertise and care. Fresenius Kabi Australia supply medicines and medical technology to pharmacies, public and private hospitals and health care professionals.
This new production facility went through rigorous design stages to ensure that the most recent and effective energy efficient clean room technologies where utilised, in line with stringent pharmaceutical standards, to achieve the best possible outcome for the client. This new facility is equipped to deal with current production levels but also have future expansion capability in office, lab space and electrical capacity.
The delivery of this successful project has ensured FKA are on the path to a cost effective and long term approach to electrical infrastructure for years to come. The works carried out under this Project included detailed design, co-ordination, manufacture, supply, delivery to site, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of the following:
- Electrical Reticulation
- General Light & Power
- Data & Phone Services
- Security & Access Control
- Clean Room Access Control / Interlocking doors
- Fire Detection
- Lightning Protection
The works included:
- Detailed electrical design and maximum demand calculations.
- Liaising with Supply Authority (AusGrid) and Energy Retailer for the installation of a new 1.5 MVA padmount transformer.
- Consumer Mains works to Supply Authority requirements.
- Conduits, trenching and cable pits for internal power, consumer mains and telecommunications reticulation.
- 2500 Amp Main Switch Board ( 11 meters long ) c/w Electricity Metering facilities to comply BCA Section J and Power Factor Correction.
- Distribution Switchboards and associated reticulation throughout 3 levels of office and clean room compounding area.
- Air conditioning electrical reticulation.
- Lightning Protection and Earthing System installation.
- Cabling and cable support systems.
- Accessories and appliances.
- General and specific light and power systems.
- Lighting Control Systems.
- Emergency Evacuation Lighting.
- Telecommunications cabling system.
- Telephone cabling system.
- Fire Detection and Alarm systems / Warning and Intercom systems for emergency purposes.
- Electronic Security / Access Control.
- Delivery of this D&C Project on time, to a high quality standard, with zero incidents.
- Working closely with the client to ensure the best possible outcome.
- New LED technology utilised throughout the lighting design to achieve state of the art lighting and energy saving solutions.
- Developing new clean room installation methodologies to achieve high grade pharmaceutical build specifications.
- High level electrical reticulation design of which the end result provides the client with a reliable engineered electrical installation with future scope for growth. The quality of the installation provides customer assurance that this operational and manufacturing facility can support this life supporting industry.
Value $ 1.86 million